Friday, February 17, 2012

Feel Good Thursdays

Just after Christmas I thinking about how much I would love to be a part of a photography club/group. After all my looking around I couldn't find anything like what I had in mind, let alone in the area. Two weeks ago I called my second cousin Sonja to see if she would be interested in starting a club with me. She was thrilled with the idea and so we set out planning, chatting and dreaming. I have already been so blessed through Sonja. We are so... alike and seem to compliment each other really well. I couldn't ask for anyone better to do this with.

Last night we had our first "Moms with a Camera" photography club meeting. We had a lot of interest with the club, so we were excited and curious as to who would actually come out. There ended up being 12 of us, perfect for the first night and not bad for only advertising on our facebook pages. There are at least 7 others that couldn't come that night but say they are planning to come and even more that have shown a lot of interest through emails, etc. We put the club in the free Slice of Life section of the Abby News as well, which appeared in the Thursday paper. So we've had a couple more women contact us last night/ today.

Last night we talked about how the club came to be, our hopes for the club, where we're all at in photography, etc. Amazingly, Sonja and I already have a schedule for the club until the end of 2012. We're thrilled to already have an incredible line up of talented photographers coming to share with our group right up until the end of this calendar year. We've also got photography challenges set out for each month. So it was exciting to share the plan with the other women and see them get excited too.

I left the meeting feeling even more excited than when I got there. I know that I will form friendships with many of these women and learn a lot about photographing our children. I'm excited to share my passion with others and be with Christian and non Christian women. It was also awesome to be somewhere that I felt comfortable nursing Lauren and sharing at the same time. It's such an amazing feeling to have an idea, act on it and then see it come to life in reality. Seriously, super exciting! I got home feeling refreshed and energized and way too excited to go to bed right away. Sometimes I just have too many ideas in my head.

This morning the kids were talking about having popcorn with daddy last night and him putting them to bed. I didn't even think that my night out could be a special night for the kids and daddy. How cool! I also find it amazing how doing things for ourselves can refresh and energize us. I had fun playing with the kids today, really enjoying my time with them.

Next Thursday is date night for David and I. I think Thursdays are my new favourite day of the week. We have just started having date nights the 2nd and fourth Thursday of each month (baby-sitter already set up) and photography club is the first and third Thursday of each month. LOVE.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Shari, you are such an inspiration. To see your idea come to fruition, and that I get to be a part of it??? How blessed I am. Thank you so much for thinking of me. This group is the answer to the prayer I hadn't even started praying yet!

Anonymous said...

I saw the notice on your Facebook and immediately wished that I lived closer so that I could be a part of it. It sounds like such a wonderful club!

Related Posts with Thumbnails